The group actively researches a broad range of subjects in visual computing. We maintain a list of featured projects, publication index, research areas, and encourage PhD applications. If you are interested in projects completed by our taught students, please see this page.
We currently hold these grants:
- QuantiCode: Intelligent infrastructure for quantitative, coded longitudinal data. Ruddle (PI), Palczewski, Aivaliotis, Birkin, Markham, Keen & Megone. £970k. EPSRC (EP/N013980/1). 2016-2020.
- Multi-Disciplinary Pedestrian-in-the-Loop Simulator. Romano, Ruddle, et al. EPSRC (EP/ R008833/1). £650k. 2017-2019.
- DARA Big Data: Colombia. Scaife (Manchester), Hoare, Ruddle, et al. £370k. Newton Fund (STFC ST/R001944/1). 2017-2019.
- QualDash: Designing and evaluating an interactive dashboard to improve quality of care. Randell, Ruddle, et al. £880k. National Institute for Health Research (HS&DR Project: 16/04/06). 2017-2020.
- A UK-Africa Data Science Network: Capturing the SKA-Driven Data Transformation. Scaife (Manchester), Hoare, Ruddle, et al. £1.4m. Newton Fund/STFC (ST/R001898/1). 2017-2020.
- Understanding customers’ missions from the products they purchase. Ruddle & Aivaliotis. £15k. EPSRC Impact Accelerator Award (EP/K503836/1). 2018-2019.
- Visual analytic methods for rigorous data science. Ruddle. Alan Turing Institute Fellowship. 2019-2020.
- New visualization methods for profiling datasets and analysis pipelines. Ruddle, Fernstad (Newcastle) & Cheshire (UCL). £100k. Alan Turing Institute. 2019-2020.
We would like to thank our collaborators and sponsors: